About the program
The Boilermakers mission is to change people’s lives in a positive way. We use our various running events to provide people the opportunity to use the sport of road racing as a pathway to physical & mental fitness.
Our community has an abundance of other nonprofit organizations that also work diligently to change the lives of the specific groups of people they serve.
The Charity Bib program is designed to marry the missions of a select group of Central New York nonprofits with the Boilermakers flagship race events on Boilermaker Weekend by offering a limited number of bibs for either the 5K & 15K at no cost to each organization. Each organization is then able to find participants who each commit to raise a minimum of $500 in order to receive one of their allotted bibs. Any & all monies are raised and collected by each organization to be used to support their individual missions. Since its inception, this program has raised over $600,000 for the respective Charity Bib partners.
How it Works
A breakdown of the program.
- Raise a minimum of $500 for a participating charity.
- You will be awarded one of the charity's available bibs.
- Use your bib in the event of your choice: 15k or 5k races.
- If registrants are participating in the 15k race they must finish in two and a half hours.
- Make a donation to support the runner or charity of your choice!
To celebrate the successes of our Charity Bib partners and their runners the Boilermaker hosts a party and we invite our organizations and their runners who have raised over $750!
2020 Charity Partners
Previous Participating Charity Partners
- Compassion Coalition
- David’s Refuge
- Food Bank of CNY
- Griffin's Guardians
- Herkimer County Chapter, NYSARC, Inc.
- Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
- Johnson Park Center
- Kids Oneida, Inc. - (Now ICAN)
- Masonic Care Community
- On My Team 16
- Samaritan Counseling Center of the Mohawk Valley, Inc.
- The Center for Leadership Excellence
- The Joseph Michael Chubbuck Foundation
- The Root Farm
- The Salvation Army
- The Stanley Theater
- Young Scholars